It’s been a while since my last post! Blame it on the summer…it’s so ridiculously hot that spending hours in the kitchen is something I really, really try and avoid! I’ve also been working on a new section ‘cooking for kids’ a fortnightly section in RobinAge, a weekly children’s newspaper. The recipes are simple, easy to make and involve no flame, and yes it does involve a lot of fun! This recipe is a simple Chia Seed Pudding, a great dessert for someone on a paleo diet too!
Time taken: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Child-friendly
Serves: 2 adults
- 1 tablespoon of chia or falooda seeds
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Mango or strawberry, chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Roasted and crushed almonds (optional)
1. Soak some chia or falooda seeds in water in a glass and let them fluff up. This takes about 10 minutes.
2. Sweeten the coconut milk with powdered sugar. (I’ve used organic palm sugar which makes it healthier. You can also use sugar replacers)
3. Once the seeds swell, add the sweetened coconut milk and mix well.
4. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes so that the seeds soak up the coconut milk.
5. Garnish with a fruit of your choice. You could also garnish this with roasted and crushed almonds.