If it’s the New Year, it has to be barbecues. How else do you beat the cold, eat all those amazing meats in one meal and drink yourself silly? 🙂 This recipe has been pulled out of my recipe book for Skie Grille, my first restaurant. It was always a hit with the crowd. The warm sweet fruit blending in with the cold creamy ice cream…Delicious.
Cooking pineapple on coals requires no effort. I mean it. It does need a bit of preparation as you want the pineapple to soak in all those yummilicious marinade but that’s where the job ends.
Time taken: 25 hours
Marination Time: 24 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Equipment needed: Barbecue Pits
- 1 pineapple cut vertically
- 200 ml cream
- 100 ml rum
- 100 grams of brown sugar + 2 tablespoon to be used during grilling
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1.Mix all the ingredients and let the pineapple marinate for at least 24 hours.
2. When the bed of coal is hot, place the pineapple on skewers and sprinkle the brown sugar that had been set aside.
3. The cooking on hot coals takes at least 20 minutes. You want the pineapple to start browning and the sugar to be completely caremalised.
4. When done serve it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a slice of coconut ice cream.