A fussy eater that I am, I’ve never found the right spice mix for my burgers. Having worked with spices and herbs over time, I’ve finally zeroed down on one that appeals to my senses. What’s better is that this recipe can be tweaked to suit different taste buds. As long as love the taste, who cares about fractions and permutations and combinations!
This recipe can be adapted to create a diabetic friendly and diet friendly version. The pure herb mix can also be used as a rub for pork and beef steaks.
10-ingredient Burger Spice Mix
Makes 75 grams
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (those cooking for diabetics and healthy eaters can avoid the sugar and make a pure herb mix)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Blend all the ingredients together and store in an air-tight bottle in a dry space.