This recipe has been inspired by Ridhi, a colleague, who brought to work a no-bake Oreo Cheesecake. It was so simple to make that we decided to adapt the recipe for a cooking column I do for RobinAge, a weekly children’s newspaper. After all which kid doesn’t like Oreo or chocolate?
But me, being me, I decided to add a twist to it! Another colleague Melissa had brought along a bag of marshmallows! (It helps to work with an almost all-woman team, who love food) The pink and orange marshmallows found their way into this 10-minute gooey chocolatey dessert! Enjoy!
Sometimes a dull and boring day at work just needs that right dessert to make it the best day in the week. And if you make the dessert at work, well it adds a new dimension to the excitement.
I’ve often bumped into desserts made with Oreo while looking for quick desserts to make and in fact have bookmarked a baked Oreo cheesecake recipe for my next baking date with my oven. Given the weather is a lot more pleasant right now, that day will come soon. Or may be I will just use Oreos to make a chocolate cake, can you visualize the end product, the distinct white line from the cream running across the cake. I think this will be baked before the cheesecake.
But let’s get back to this dessert that takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and about an hour to cool! Keep your patience, please no matter how difficult that might seem.
Time taken: An hour
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Child friendly
- 3 large packets of Oreo biscuits
- 1 medium packet Oreo to break into chunks
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 200 ml + 2 tablespoons cream
- 100 grams Dairy Milk chocolate or any other chocolate of your choice
- 7-8 large marshmallows
1. Separate the cream on the Oreo biscuits from the base. Pile up all the cream in a bowl. Crumble the biscuits. Add the melted butter to it and place it in a 1 inch deep glass dish. Press the crumb down to make a flat surface. This is the base of the pie.
2. Cool the base in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
3. To the Oreo cream add the milk cream and chocolate and microwave it for 1 minute. Stir it so it’s well mixed.
4. When the base has set, pour this Oreo cream and milk cream mix over it.
5. Microwave the marshmallow, add 2 tablespoons of cream and mix it well till you get a gooey mix.
6. Pour the marshmallow cream over the Oreo cream mix.
7. Sprinkle the Oreo biscuits on top of the marshmallow cream.
8. Cool for 30 minutes.
9. Slice the Oreo marshmallow pie and serve it cold.
10. You could add a dollop of cream or vanilla ice cream to this chocolatey pie.