This salad has always put a smile on tired faces. It’s bright, colourful, is sweet, spicy, sour, texturally brilliant…with flavours popping in the mouth. It’s a burst of colours!
I’ve used a really simple dressing to keep the entire assembly quick and ensued I’ve used ingredients we’d have in the kitchen all the time.
Total time: 20 minutes
Skill Levels: Basic
Equipment needed: A good knife
- 14 to 15 leaves of Arugula
- 4 to 5 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate pearls
- 1/2 a clementine (or orange)
- 2 inch piece of feta
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 to 5 smoked almonds, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Segment the clementine and keep aside.
2. In a serving dish start layering up. Use the arugula at the bottom, add the torn iceberg lettuce, sprinkle the clementine segments and pomegranate pearls. And finally crumble the feta on top.
3. In a bowl mix together the mustard, honey, orange juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the vinaigrette on top of the greens, add the crushed almonds and serve.