My love for cheese and potatoes at times takes over my life. And this recipe is just the perfect amalgamation of that love. It renders the potatoes crispy on the outside yet moist on the inside and the cheesy cover on top is nothing but sin…
I’ve taken the dish one step further and add to the calories by adding crispy fried bacon on top! God help me! There’s nothing better than sinking your teeth into this soft delicious creamy texturally abundant bake. What’s more if you’ve planned it well, this entree takes all of 30 minutes in the oven! Yup its super quick.
I’ve used a light cheddar and Gruyère cheese, but you could top the potatoes with a flavour of your choice. You could also top it with a thick layer of mozzarella, for that string oozy touch.
Time taken: an hour
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Basic
- 4 large potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 1/2 cup mix of cheddar and Gruyère cheese (You can add as much as you like, depending on the thickness of cheese you wish to achieve)
- 1 tablespoon of barbecue rub
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped medium.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (optional) I’ve cooked it without any oil.
- 5-6 strips of bacon (optional)
- 10-12 sprigs of fresh parsley (optional)
1. Cut the pre-boiled and cooked potatoes into wedges.
2. Place the wedges in a baking dish and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and barbecue games.
3. Sprinkle with all the cheese.
4. Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 200 degree C.
5. When the cheese appears to have melted, grill the entree for 10 minutes, or till the cheese gets a golden glow.
6. Serve hot.
7. If you wish you could sprinkle the dish with freshly fried bacon pieces or freshly chopped parsley leaves. I’ve used fat-less bacon here.
WHAT DO YOU PAIR IT WITH?