There’s something about potatoes, that lend them their ‘I must gobble these up’ quality. During the week, we follow a completely almost no carb diet, and this golden brown underground root, is nowhere close to a frying pan. But come weekend, and the pots start to get glazed with delicious sauces, the kitchen is buzzing with rich flavours and the fancy knives are sharpened for the clean-cut!
But coming back to potatoes, have you noticed how they work with almost every protein on earth! And even lend themselves to veggie gravies…
This is one such dish that’s literally put together in 5 minutes, if you have ready baby potatoes. It goes well with steaks, grills, pasta’s and even with a slight variation in spices an Indian meal.
Time taken: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Basic
- 20 baby potatoes, boiled
- 5-6 garlic pods
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Coriander or parsley to garnish
- Salt and Pepper to season
1. Skin the par boiled potatoes and with a toothpick or fork, puncture the potatoes.
2. Heat olive oil in a thick bottom pan. When its hot, fry the garlic in it till it’s golden brown. Add the rosemary and swirl around. Quickly add the potatoes to prevent the rosemary from burning.
3. Add the potatoes and let it cook, till the potatoes are golden and have acquired a crisp skin.
4. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and finely just before serving add the herbs.
This is a perfect accompaniment with Fish Baked in Salt. To complete the meal serve with a zesty salad.