This entire month, I’m going to try to whip up a salad a day! The summer has kind of got to my appetite. And it’s the month of clean eating. No overdoing of spices or standing next to the oven for too long! And it’s time to knock of some weight too 🙂 Isn’t it always…
So this recipe is a simple watermelon, basil, feta and balsamic vinegar salad that can be made as fancy as you like. You can either toss this up into a bowl or serve it like I did…on watermelon slices. It’s great for a party snack too!
Time taken: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Skill level: Child-friendly
Serves: 2 adults
Ingredients: for the watermelon pizza
- 1 round slice of watermelon (if making a tossed up version, cut the watermelon into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of feta
- 5 to 6 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced balsamic vinegar
NOTE: if serving it in a bowl, double or triple up the proportions
1. Cut the watermelon slice into 4 quarters. De-seed it.
2. Spread the sweet chilli sauce on the watermelon.
3. Crumble the feta all over the watermelon slice.
4. Tear the basil leaves by hand and scatter them all around the watermelon slice.
5. Sprinkle the reduced balsamic vinegar over it. Chill it. Serve cold as a starter or salad with a grilled dish.