When you think of vegetarian protein source the first thing the pops up is tofu and cottage cheese. I have grown up in a family that loves its food, and each weekend was a gourmet challenge to create something new. When my friends turned vegetarian for health reasons, I literally needed to go back to the roots and unearth new flavours.
I personally don’t like tofu, I don’t like the texture or the flavour and recent research proves that too much soya is bad for the hormones what bliss.. So I can move to my favourite cottage cheese.
It’s really easy to make at home and is a good source of proteins making it perfect to combine with a salad. This recipe plays with creamy texture of the protein and the sauce adds a sweet and spicy flavour. Add a 5 Greens, Smoked Almond and Feta Salad to this and you have a meal
Time taken: 20 minutes
Skill level: Basic
- 250 grams of cottage cheese or Paneer, cut into slabs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
1. In a grilling pan, add the garlic and sauté till golden
2. Place the slabs on it and cook till the side has charred lines.
3. Flip and cook the other side. (Do not over cook or the texture will turn rubbery)
4. Add the sauce and stir fry on a high flame
5. Place in a serving dish and garnish with scallions.