I’ve been going crazy at work! And at home! and with my new workout schedule–which is actually just trying to figure out how to lose weight? And lost in all that mental cobwebs is the blog, which hasn’t got updated in a while. However, now that I’m back lets start with something that spruces me up every morning. It’s a breakfast smoothie, which can can easily be converted into a dessert or into chilled oats in a jar! Read to the end to know how.
Time taken: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Skill level: Child-friendly
Serves: 2 adults
- 1 mango
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup curd
- 4-5 almonds
- 3 to 4 mint leaves
- 100 ml water
- A glass to serve
- Sugar (I haven’t used any)
- Vanilla or mango ice cream (for the dessert version)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (for chilled oats in a jar)
1. Cut the mango into small pieces and put them in a container along with the oats.
2. Add the almonds, curd and little water to the container. Add sugar if needed.
3. Blend the ingredients using a blender. You can also use a mixer-grinder too.
4. Pour the mixture in a glass. Garnish is with a few pieces of mangoes and some mint leaves.
Your mango smoothie is ready!
Now to serve it as overnight oats in a jar for breakfast:
1. Add cinnamon powder when you whisk the smoothie together. Pour the smoothie in a jar, and chill it over night. Next morning top with mangoes and crushed roasted almonds. Serve cold!
To serve as a dessert:
1. Make the smoothie and chill it for an hour or two. You could add cream cheese too if you wish. It will make the smoothie richer.
2. Scoop the smoothie into a jelly bowl or flat bowl.
3. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream right in the centre of the smoothie.
4. Top with mangoes and crushed roasted almonds.
5. Garnish with mint leaves. You mango smoothie with almonds and ice cream is ready!