For a change, i decided to cook up the chicken breasts Indian style, and am I pleased! The chicken breasts that were supposed to be stuffed with cheese and spinach and cooked in a tomato gravy were instead cooked with black pepper and capsicum! And I teamed it up with a spinach lentil. 🙂 the god of small green things was definitely going to fall in love with me.:)
This is a great combination for a party too. Since the chicken is cooked in the fashion it is, it remains succulent, the dal needs to be teamed up with a cashew rice and papad, and you will have the world licking their fingers.
Time taken: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Basic
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 250 grams)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon each chilli and turmeric powder
- 1 capsicum, chopped into cubes
- 8-10 fresh curry leaves
- 3 green chillies, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons oil
1. Wash and chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes
2. Marinate it with chilli, turmeric and ginger garlic paste for at least 1 hour.
3. In a thick bottomed pan, add the oil. Fry the tomatoes till they leave oil and then add the chicken. Saute till it is caremalised.
4. Add a cup of water and cook the chicken. If needed cook with a lid. Take it off the heat when most of the water has evaporated and chicken is cooked take it off the heat.
5. In another pan, add 1 teaspoon oil and pan fry the curry leaves and green chilli.
6. Add the cooked chicken mix and stir fry.
7. Add the capsicum and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Just before serving sprinkle freshly ground black pepper.
9. Serve hot with paratha or roti, dal and rice.